You must login as a Registered User to watch our Free Videos!
Please login with your username and password or create a new account to
Access All Areas.
Rock legend Ian Gillan has long lived the epitome of the rock n’ roll lifestyle, so it’s only fitting that his new album takes fans through the incredible journey that has been his career. On Gillan’s Inn he revisits classic Ian Gillan and Deep Purple songs as well as his personal career favorites ona DualDisc filled with bonus material and extra DVD footage.
Coming Soon DVD
Coming Soon Digital Download
1. Unchain Your Brain featuring Joe Satriani
2. Bluesy Blue Sea featuring Janick Gers
3. Day Late And A Dollar Short featuring Uli Jon Roth and Ronnie James Dio
4. Hang Me Out To Dry featuring Joe Satriani
5. Men Of War featuring Steve Morse and Johnny Rzeznik
6. When A Blind Man Cries featuring Jeff Healey and Jon Lord
7. Sugar Plum featuring Roger Glover, and Ian Paice
8. Trashed featuring Tony Iommi, Roger Glover, and Ian Paice
9. No Worries featuring Michael Lee Jackson
10. Demon’s Eye featuring Jeff Healey, Jon Lord and Michael Lee
11. Smoke On The Water featuring Steve Morse, Johnny Rzeznik, Ian Paice, Roger Glover and Jon Lord
12. No Laughing In Heaven featuring Roger Glover and Ian Paice
13. Speed King featuring Joe Satriani
14. Loving On Borrowed Time featuring Steve Morse and Uli Jon Roth
15. I’ll Be Your Baby Tonight featuring Joe Elliot
The DVD is loaded with interviews, photos and several versions of “Smoke on the Water,” each with a different guitarist putting his stamp on the classic guitar solo. In a clever touch, the sound of a radio dial searching for a station is heard while scrolling back and forth between the menu options. Not since the launch of the DualDisc format has such a comprehensive collection of bonus features been assembled.
To build Gillan’s Inn, Ian enlisted some of the biggest names from the past 30 years of rock history including Ronnie James Dio, Joe Elliot (Def Leppard), Janick Gers (Iron Maiden), Jeff Healey, Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath), Steve Morse, Johnny Rzeznik (Goo Goo Dolls), Uli Jon Roth (Scorpions), Joe Satriani and members of Deep Purple. He also brought Nick Blagona (The Police, Bee Gees, Chicago, Rainbow and Deep Purple) in to handle production duties. The result is undeniable fun, a romp through the hazy memories of youth, and a palpable reminder of the place Ian Gillan holds in rock n’ roll history.
One of the true rock gods, Ian Gillan co-wrote “Smoke on the Water” (one of the most popular songs of all time and usually one of the first songs an aspiring rock guitarist learns to play) among dozens of other hits and sang the part of Jesus on the original Jesus Christ Superstar album. He has played to tens of millions of fans and sold over one hundred million records. But Gillan is also an author, a playwright, a screenwriter, a songwriter and a philosopher with a wicked sense of humor and a bit of the devil in his eye. Pavarotti has said he is a genius, and David Gilmour declared that as long as Gillan is singing, rock and roll is not dead. His impact on pop culture remains strong to this day, with “Smoke” playing a pivotal role on a recent episode of The Sopranos.
The DualDisc offers the full album in CD format on one side, and in both 5.1 surround sound and stereo on the other. The DVD portion of the disc also features incredible graphics where fans can select their favorite version of “Smoke on the Water” with guitar solos performed by different guitarists. Additional bonus items include behind the scenes studio footage shot while recording Gillans Inn (with Ian, Jon Lord, Ian Paice, Roger Glover, Joe Satriani, Ronnie James Dio, Michael Lee and Jeff Healy) and bootleg videos from live concerts such as 1983’s Deep Purple show in Montreal and a in Europe in 1994 (with Joe Satriani on guitar). Ian Gillan provides personal track-by-track commentary, and a bonus track, “Can I Get a Witness,” is set to a photo montage. A special CD-ROM feature also enables fans to access another version of "Smoke On The Water.”